Bridge House

Car Donation in New Orleans

New Orleans—home of jazz, Cajun food, and charities. Many nice reputable charities are in New Orleans that you may want to consider for car donation. One charity in particular warrants special attention.

Bridge House

Bridge House is an organization that makes positive changes in the lives of those afflicted with addiction. Bridge House teaches them how to recover and become productive citizens again. Bridge House also offers a work environment that teaches job skills. Bridge House is a very successful program and 70% of those who complete the recovery program there stay clean and sober after 2 years. Bridge House’s counseling programs rivals some of the finest private substance abuse facilities in the country.
So, how do you donate your vehicle? Well, first of all, Bridge House accepts most cars and boats. The steps to donate are fairly simple. All you have to do is:

1. Call (504) 598-3355 and drive your car into one of their 2 centers at:
• 1160 Camp Street, New Orleans, LA (Main office, accepts car donations, boat donations, car and boat sales.)
• 2760 Canal Street, New Orleans, LA (Used car lot, you should take your donation to the main office)

2. The car will then be worked on by the clients at Bridge House and then sold at their used car lot.
3. There is also a mail-in option. Just:
• Sign the back of the title as seller.
• Fill out the “Act of Donation Form” form
• Remove the license plate from the vehicle prior to pickup.
• Mail your original certificate of title and your signed “Act of Donation Form” to
Bridge House Corporation
Business Office
1160 Camp Street
New Orleans, LA 70130
ATT. Thomas A. Delatte
The real advantage to this program is that all the money from the sale of your car stays local. And since they do all the selling themselves, they are able to realize the most money from it. Even better is that it helps the clients of Bridge House because they actually work on the cars before they are sold.
If you want more information, you can contact David Rhodes, the Used Car Director at 504-598-3355.

Written by in: New Orleans |

1 Comment »

  • Tanya Neal says:

    I am writing on behalf of my sister who is 13 years my senior. I’m 40 so she’s 53.

    She is in a terrible situation and she and I don’t know where to turn to for help. We live in Louisiana and she lost her car on behalf of a hit and run driver and then a brake failure. Then it wasn’t worth keeping. She was working poor and people were then bringing her to and from work. The trip is about an hour to bring her and pick her up and then again later after work. There is no bus or public transportation. She cleans a church because she really has no skills. She’s a mother of 3. One high school student still lives with her and a college age son, but he just probably lost his grant money because he couldn’t keep up grades.

    She was working and filed a tax return hoping to get a refund, which was going to be about $2000 and hoped to buy a car. After a while the IRS informed her that they were holding her money to pay back taxes for my sister’s husband which she never divorced legally because she never had the money. He was a HORRIBLE person to be married to and they didn’t last long together. They never legally divorced but didn’t live together very long, not even a year. This guy owed the IRS $11,000 and he’s a drug head and has been in and out of jail. He owes money for back child support but has no money coming in. The money he owed was before they got married.

    If my sister were even able to go back to work the IRS would probably garnish her wages. She lives in my deceased mom’s house and there is barely anything coming in to pay living expenses. If it weren’t for the house, she would be homeless. This house has flooded numerous times in the Hurricanes here in Louisiana. My brother also lives with her and he is dysfunctional. However, it is the only place for them to live.

    Her situation has always gotten worse and worse. It is about as low as you can go.

    If you can’t help in some way, please tell us who we can turn to. She has never been successful in getting help except for a little bit of food stamps. She is not on welfare. She says it isn’t worth all the major trouble to go through for $50 bucks.

    My name is Tanya Neal

    Houma, LA 70364
    (985) 873-0887. Please call me or e-mail me or, if you know of who can help her, forward this to that entity or person.

    Her name is Robin Thibodeaux. She is a sweet person who is so giving. She is a born again Christian who made some poor choices and while she didn’t do drugs, married someone who ended up being an addict. She really needs help. Her teenage daughter has seen a lot of hardship. Please help.

    Thank you for your consideration.

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URL

Leave a Reply

(c) 2023 Car Charity Donation